The paperwork has finally come through and we are now incorporated as a Community Interest Company (social enterprise). This means that we can start to move forward developing the organisation. At the moment there are a whole list of tasks to complete, including:
- Logo – already done (see below);
- Bank account – applied to Co-op for a Community Account;
- Website – you are looking at it, though there are lots of products to add;
- Retail space – we have some shelves the GO4 Market Cafe in Trinity Church and soon we will have a cabinet at the new Cafe on the Rec. Also looking at an empty unit in Prettygate;
- Market – we are hoping to establish a market at Prettygate shops. Already have support of local councillors and Essex County Council;
- Business cards, flyers etc – working on these as we speak;
- Van – looking for a cheap van that can take a market stall (folded up) that also has a refrigerated space. Ideally one that is LPG;
- Insurance – need this as its a legal requirement;
This is not an exhaustive list by any means! If you are interested in buying whole food products (including locally grown organic produce) please sign up for our newsletter and we will keep you informed of when deliveries start.
Thank you and take care.